04 February 2012

i was a hamster


Friday night it rained. Saturday morning still raining.

what I look like at the gym

at the 10 mile half of the 20 miler
I went to bed on Friday night preparing myself that I may have to do my 20 mile run...on a treadmill. Sure enough, it was still raining on Saturday morning, and I knew that I was going to have to go to the gym, and spend four hours of running on the treadmill. My sister and her fiance were visiting so, it was a perfect time to leave the Dinosaur & Birdie at home, instead of my gym's nursery (note: there is a 2 hour limit). Also the Bomber wanted to do his swim and run at the gym as well. With the kids at home, the Bomber doing his workout, I jumped up on the treadmill, pressed start, and began my training run. I ran for five miles, jumped off, walked to refill my two water bottles, and then back to my treadmill for the next 5 miles. After the 10 mile half way mark, I was feeling pretty good. Got the runner's high at miles 13-17, and before I knew it I was up to mile 19, add one more mile run, and I was there at 20 miles! I have to admit, I am pretty proud of myself. Running 20 miles is quite a challenge, but on the treadmill, adds that extra mental block to break down. Next week's long run is up to 22 miles, and maybe one more 22 miler, before I began to taper down the "long run" to 12-13 miles that leads up to Marathon Day!







No comments: