09 January 2009

It's a boy, and he's 1 month old.

Whew. What a month! Chris and I have been blessed with a beautiful baby BOY! We named him Miles Joseph, and he is truly a gift from God. He weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz. and 19 inches long. I think we have stepped in Mommy & Daddy quite easily & calmly. For the first month we've had our parents visiting on weekends and for the holidays...which made for a bit crazy times but, we all survived. I have been spoiled a bit, having had Chris home 10 days after his FTU graduation, which came just in time for the holidays. Miles' fur-brothers have also taken in him with open paws. They have been so gently curious about the new little "toy" around the house. Goomba is quite the little protector of Miles. He follows me around while I'm carrying Miles and never lets out of his sight. Sarge seems to know that he is a lot bigger than Miles, and is very gentle when he is around Miles.

Photobucket
Miles Joseph Occhiuzzo

Photobucket
a very tired mommy & baby


Photobucket



Today was Miles' first well-baby visit. He now weighs 8 1/2 pounds and is 21 inches long. Now shots this time, but definitely at the next visit. I'm a bit nervous abou that one.

No comments: